Past Seniors Care Hiring Events We hold in-person hiring events across B.C. to help connect immigrant talent with seniors' care employers looking to hire!
- Victoria, B.C. – Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Burnaby, B.C. – Thursday October 5th, 2023
- Kamloops, B.C. – Thursday October 12th, 2023
- Kelowna, B.C. – Thursday October 19th, 2023
What to Expect at a Hiring Event
- Meet and connect with seniors care employers across B.C.
- Learn more about the different positions and roles available at each organization
- Submit your resume and interview on the spot for roles that best suit your skillsets and experience
- Network with fellow FAST participants to build your networking base
- Receive follow-up resources from FAST to further your knowledge in the seniors care sector
Looking for additional supports?
Contact the FAST Team, we are here to help!
Seniors Care Occupations and Roles Learn more about the types of occupations that seniors care employers are looking to fill across the province
Allied Health Professional – Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Recreation Therapy Assistant, and other similar roles
Business & Administration – Administrative workers, Receptionists and similar roles
Arts culinaires – Cook, Chef, Food Service Worker, Food Service Manager
Support Services – Home Health Companion, Housekeeping, Laundry Aides, Janitorial Workers, Dietary Aides, and other similar roles
Nursing & Personal Care – Registered Nurse, Health Care Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, and other similar roles.
- Please note that the FAST program will not qualify you to work as a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, health care assistant, or other nursing and personal care roles in Canada.
- You must complete recertification or training programs by a recognized healthcare provider in Canada to be legally eligible to work in direct clinical care.